Solar panels generate electricity from sunlight which means they only produce electricity during the day. By changing your daily habits to use your main electricity consumption during the day will significantly reduce your electricity account. Below are a few suggestions on how to do this:
1. Use timers on appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers;
2. Only use washing machines and dishwashers when there is a full load. Try doing a load every few days rather than every day;
3. Recharge your devices (iPhone, laptop, electronic gadgets) during the day and unplug them at night;
4. Turn off all appliances at the wall when not in use;
5. Turn down the temp of your hot water systems;
6. Adjust your heating and cooling appliances to the desired temperature during the afternoon, so you can switch them off at night. Some air conditioning units have a preheat or precool setting, and with new ‘smart’ appliances, this can also be done remotely using smartphone technology;
7. Shade east and west facing windows from the sun – prevents heat gain and reduces air conditioner use;
8. Purchase energy efficient appliances;
9. Switch to use appliances with rechargeable batteries such as cordless kettles and vacuum cleaners, which you can charge during the day and run off battery power at night; and
10. Install energy efficient light globes.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY: Use less, Make your own, Create wealth. This is our strategy!
CREATE MASSIVE WEALTH - By using the gift of sunlight and innovation. Providing our clients with solution that gives 10 times the $ value they paid.